Thursday, August 17, 2006

howzabout that?

Lucky me, I'm all signed in and posting random crap. I've got a new template to make my goofy ass blog look cool. I think it's cool, and that's all that counts. I have made a couple of other changes that are newly available through the new and improved version. I don't have time at the moment to sit and play too much with this, but I've only dipped my toe into the water of available features. I plan on talking The Boy out of derby practice tonight so that I can sit here and figure it out. I've got errands to run, some sort of supper to plan and purchase and cook, and the possibility that I'll have to tag along to derby tonight as my current plans.

Tonight is Momma's last derby practice before the debut match in Birmingham. I'm sure I've explained this, but I don't greatly relish attending practices. Big Brother goes along, but he mostly stays out of trouble. Plus, if he does get in trouble, Momma can deal with it with no great theft to her efforts on the track. If The Boy decides to go, I must also. She can't very well attend to the crap he can get into, and as is his want, he gets into anything he can, doesn't listen to any idea or talk of limits (stay inside, no playing in the parking lot, no climbing on top of the arcade games, especially no climbing whatsoever while wearing roller skates.) So regardless of my desire not to be stuck for two to three hours wandering dumbly around the roller rink, I go with what The Boy wants most of the time. I'm not above offering a movie as a trap to keep him and me home, but if he really wants to go, I'll suck it up and go.

Anyway, that's the deal. I don't now know what I'll do tonight. I'd love to stay at home and be a philosophyless slacker or figure out how to label all my posts or perhaps write about the new funny/outrageous thing I will have unearthed (read via bloglines) using my amazing web finding things power.

No comments: