Sunday, August 06, 2006

more on yesterday's soccer game

I meant to mention this yesterday, but I didn't. I kind of forgot. But I wanted to toss out my minor bitch about Freddy Adu. I can see his skill when he gets touches. I can see that he almost tries kind of hard. I'd really like to see him attack more. He lost the ball plenty of times, and each time he seemed to accept it. You just don't give the ball up and allow the opposing team to wander back to the other half. Each time Adu lost the ball, he just turned and walked back to the MLS side of the field, waiting for someone to get the ball to him. Sorry, kiddo, but if you give the ball up, the least you can do is make a token effort at getting it back. Why would you ever let the other team wander nonchalantly away from you? Damn all strikers/forwards that don't play defense when it's time. You don't go into standby mode when your team is on defense, you join them in defense and attack.

No comments: