Tuesday, October 10, 2006

the coal comercial I hate

I've been seeing a new coal commercial lately, and I get just a little more pissed off each time I see it. The first time was bad enough, as I stared gaping at the television at the audacity of the people behind it, and I considered then that I was going to have to write something about this. According to the commercial, the US has 250 years worth of coal. WOW, suddenly oil isn't that big a concern. We have plenty of coal, and we are working daily to make it cleaner. Okay, so you can make coal burn a little cleaner, which isn't really saying much. What's a little cleaner than filth? But what about getting it out of the ground? Have you ever seen what a mountain looks like when you blow it up to get at the coal underneath? We can't make mountains, but we can sure as fuck send them straight to hell.

No comments: