Thursday, January 04, 2007

roller derby video excitement

This is a video put together by Rollergirl extraordinaire Beverly Killbilly who is also one of Momma's teammates. It's a quick look at the first inter league bout of the Hard Knox Rollergirls featuring Momma's team, the Machine Gun Kellys versus the Black Bettys. Sadly, the Bettys took the win, and I'd love to say they didn't deserve it, but I can't honestly do that. I can say with total honesty that I'm proud of every single girl regardless of the team.

According to Momma, Killbilly has more video that the is working on, and I really look forward to seeing what else she puts together.

We are currently in the middle of a break from derby which both Momma and I had once looked forward to. However, the lack of exercise has started to tell on her in her knees. I believe she is itching to get back to practice and bouting as well as just the exercise. I didn't realize till watching this video how much I was missing the action. I think that as soon as I post this I'm going to go back and watch it again.

Momma's team is in black and purple. The Bettys are in red. I'd tell you to find Momma by looking for the hot girl, but they're all hot. So look for the hot girl with the skull face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid question here -- what is the point of roller derby? Is it a race, or is it just which team has the most members still upright at the end? Inquiring minds want to know . . .

Anonymous said...

www.wftda.com all your questions answered about roller derby this link will give you the rules