Thursday, May 03, 2007

jam on yo

This video has been sitting in a tab in my browser window next to the blogger tab for too many days now. I've actually played it a few times since finding it recently. It's Dinosaur Jr. doing Just Like Heaven, one of the few Cure songs that I really like. Actually, I've never been a huge Cure fan, but recently, because of a commercial that absolutely ruins a Cure song I sat with the YouTube and listened to a few songs, surprised that I actually knew so many more of their songs than I thought.

The sound quality, as is to be expected from live footage, is not the greatest, but it is pretty good. And any time you get to listen to Dinosaur Jr. you should consider yourself lucky. And who else could take another band's song and make it that much better?

Update: As Hardcore Girl points out, Dinosaur Jr. are back together. They've also released a new album and are streaming it on their Myspace page.

So without further ado, I give you . . .

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I guess you saw on Myspace that they got back together? http://www.myspace.com/dinosaurjr

I met J Mascis once. He signed my purse and I told him something stupid like "you got me through adolescence". How embarrassing.