Monday, June 18, 2007

go, read, learn

Who doesn't love a Country Fair? How about when that fair is in reality a blog carnival? Think you know a little something about homeschooling? This month we celebrate the ways we celebrate diversity.

I am sadly not featured at all in the fair, but that's all my fault. I scribbled out a little something a week or so ago and sent it in. Then I paid attention for a moment and realized that what I had written was in no way going to fall under the theme of celebrating diversity. I should read all of things before assuming I know what's up.

That's actually a common them among people who are anti homeschool. Too often, people scribble some anti homeschooling rant and post it on their blog or as an article in their local paper. The nature of the internet is such that we can find these people and their rants laden with untruths and misconceptions. It doesn't take much looking around and reading all the way to the bottom to understand homeschooling better or even just to learn whether or not we've already covered your concern. And we probably have covered your concern, and we've probably covered it over and over and over and over and . . .

2 comments:

Overpriced Designer Man Bag said...

I'd love to go to a country fair - warm apple pies, goats, butterchurning! at least that's what i gather from watching little house on the prairie

Anonymous said...

Are you saying you sent me a post? If I had received it, you would have gotten a response, and I would have printed it, regardless of content! Send it to me again and I'll put it in there. Really.