Thursday, November 01, 2007

freakin' sweet

Here's a heartwarming story that I've intended to post for around a week. I've had the window minimized at the bottom of my screen since then and have successfully and accidentally ignored it this whole time.

Hat tip Good As You. A high school in Davis California has elected two homecoming princes from their junior class, a darling young gay couple, and boys at that. They were elected by their classmates.

I don't really get a lot of warm, fuzzy feelings, for what it's worth, but every time I think of this it's like a brand new warm, fuzzy all over again. It really is 2007, and maybe, just maybe, that whole infernal equality thing is not so elusive after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool. But I wouldn't be too surprised if the "Rev." Fred Phelps or some other group of bigots ended up protesting at it.

Appletini said...

Welcome to the 21st century Davis, CA!

Wish there could be more to welcome in, too.