Friday, December 12, 2008

Like a scene in a movie, though admittedly a probably crappy movie, I took matters into my own hands. I needed and wanted it done, and I've grown tired of waiting. The good days were too few and too far between, and they weren't really that good. Something about tonight just finally pushed me over the edge. It was time. It's my time, dammit. And I need to stand up and take it.

My original plan did want to involve my electric clippers, the ones I haven't used in a number of years. The problem there is that even the biggest guide was too small. I tried taping two of them together to get something I might like, but then the clippers wouldn't work properly, so it was on to plan b.

I can only see so much of my head even with two mirrors, and I have this problem where I can't judge distance or direction as well when using a mirror. Once we add more mirrors it gets worse until I'm just cutting air somewhere near my head.

But given about an hour, a fair amount of patience, enough not giving a shit and a sharp pair of scissors, you can indeed cut your own hair.

Mine, while walking through a store I thoroughly detest earlier today, kept getting stuck in my jacket collar. That was the spine busting straw. Also, I've needed a change, something I can do. The hair was a bit of a point of pride, because as mentioned, on the good days it wasn't bad. It has a way of curling that, if I get it just right, and if the weather is just right, and now it just doesn't even matter.

I love my new short hair, and I know exactly how bad it probably looks. I can guesstimate how much I missed, and I can only hope I can con Momma into giving it a peek, sometime next week which is probably the next time I'll see her for more than a few minutes.

So, like a scene out of a previously admitted bad movie, I'm the girl that needed to take control and did so by cutting her hair. I won't be doing anything different with my makeup but will continue to opt for a natural look in that department. I do want some brown shoes because I've decided that I don't always want to wear black anymore, but that's a lot more money than a free hair cut.

Now I'm going to roll myself a cigarette and go enjoy the cold night air before crawling into bed. Momma is at her boyfriend's, so I get the real bed tonight.

yeah me!!!

No comments: